Eid Prayer consists of two Rak’ahs
The Eid prayer is one where the imam attends and leads the people in praying two rak’ahs. ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “The prayer of al-Fitr is two rak’ahs and the prayer of al-Adha is two rak’ahs, complete and not shortened, on the tongue of your Prophet, and the one who fabricates lies is doomed.” Narrated by al-Nasaa’i, 1420 and Ibn Khuzaymah. Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Nasaa’i. Continue reading
Praise be to Allaah.
Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:
If anyone wants to offer a sacrifice, and the month of Dhu’l-Hijjah has begun, either because the new moon has been sighted or because thirty days of Dhu’l-Qa’dah have passed, then it is haraam for him to remove anything of his hair or nails or skin until he has slaughtered the sacrifice, because of the hadeeth of Umm Salamah (may Allaah be pleased with her), according to which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: Continue reading
Response: It is upon the one who slaughters his sacrifice to make sure it reaches those who are rightfully in need and it is not permissible to slaughter it and then leave it. However, if one were to take a little from it and eat it and give it (the remainder) in charity, then this is rewarded.
Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen
Fataawa al-Hajj wal-‘Umrah waz-Ziyaarah – Page 124.fatwaonline.com
All praises, thanks, devotions and worship for Allah and only Allah, the one and only God. May the peace and blessings be upon our master Muhammad sal’Allah alayhe wasallam, his family, his offspring, his companions and all those who follow him till the end of time.
Dear shaykh I want to know if all the prophets that Allah send for the mankind performed Haj and if Issa (AS) after his return to Earth will perform Haj? Is there any hadith indicating this?
Hajj is one of the best forms of worship and is one of the most sublime deeds because it is one of the pillars of Islam that Allah sent Muhammad (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) with. A servant’s religion is incomplete without it.
DHU’L-HIJJAH 1437H (2016CE): According to the decision of the High Judiciary Council of Saudi Arabia, the 1st of Dhu’l-Hijjah will be on Saturday 3 September 2016. The Muslims performing Hajj will be in ‘Arafah on Sunday 11 September 2016 (9 Dhu’l-Hijjah 1437), and ‘Eid ul-‘Adha shall be on Monday 12 September 2016 (10 Dhu’l-Hijjah 1437).
Praise be to Allah, Lord of the Universe. May peace and blessings be upon Muhammad, the last of the Prophets and Messengers, and upon his family and esteemed Companions.
Hajj is one of the best forms of worship and is one of the most sublime deeds because it is one of the pillars of Islam that Allah sent Muhammad (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) with. A servant’s religion is incomplete without it. A form of worship is only acceptable when the following is true: Continue reading
Innovations Before Ihraam
1. Abstaining from travel in the month of Safar, and abstaining from beginning any action such as marriage or building in it.
2. Abstaining from travel in the second half of the month or because the moon is positioned in the constellation of the Scorpion.
3. Abstaining from cleaning the house and sweeping it because a traveller is about to leave.
4. Praying two ra’kahs when leaving for Hajj – reciting in the first Surat-ul-Kaafiroon and in the second Surat-ul-Ikhlaas, then after finishing saying : “O Allaah I have gone out for You and am heading towards You…” then reciting Ayat-ul-Kursi and Surat-ul-Ikhlaas, and the Last two surahs – and other things which occur in certain fiqh books. Continue reading
The Prophet’s order to perform Hajj UT-TAMATTU
9. So when he wishes to make iHraam and is making Hajj-ul-Qirran, having brought the sacrificial animal with him, he should say: labbaikallaahumma bi-hajjah wa umrah
During the night before Fajr of 8 Zul Hajj, put on ihram, make your niyyah (intention) and recite talbiyah 3 times and pray to Allah Almighty.
After Fajr, leave Makkah for Mina. But people can go to Mina even before Fajr during the night.
Today in Mina, offer Zuhar, Asar, Maghrib and Isha prayers.
Stay overnight in Mina. Continue reading