There are various ways through which man can familiarize himself with the surroundings, beings, natural and unnatural phenomena. Each one of these has certain way to realize it.
For example, when one wants to acquaint himself with a person he does not know, one may get closer to that person, show love and respect. There is even a formula of respect and reverence used by different languages to show respect in addressing people or one can introduce himself to that person either directly or indirectly and so on and so forth. However, the best way to know someone is to listen to him talking and it is the perfect method when it comes to knowing Allah.
- Who is Allah?
Allah the Almighty Himself answers this question in His saying,
Allah – there is no deity except Him, the Ever-Living, the Sustainer of [all] existence. Neither drowsiness overtakes Him nor sleep. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. Who is it that can intercede with Him except by His permission? He knows what is [presently] before them and what will be after them, and they encompass not a thing of His knowledge except for what He wills. His Kursi extends over the heavens and the earth, and their preservation tires Him not. And He is the Most High, the Most Great. [Al-Baqarah: 255]
Allah Almighty introduces Himself in the above mentioned verse as follows:
– Allah – there is no deity except Him (Allahu la IIah Ila Howa): Allah informs us that He is the One true god who deserves to be worshiped by all His creatures.
– Ever-Living, the Sustainer of [all] existence (Al-Hay Al-Qayum): Allah is the Ever-Living, He is eternal while all his creatures are mortal. He is the Sustainer of all that exist who are in need of His help and support.
– Neither drowsiness overtakes Him nor sleep (La ta’khuzhu sinatun wa la naoum): it means that Allah is above imperfection, inattention or distraction. He is the Ever-watchful over everything and everyone and nothing can escape His knowledge. Allah is Perfect and Eternal He is never overtaken by drowsiness which is light sleep or even sleep.
– To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth (Lahu ma fi as-samawati wa ma fi al-ard): it informs that all beings are His servants and all of them are under His Might and Dominance.
– Who is it that can intercede with Him except by His permission? (man tha allathi yashfa’u ‘indahu illa bi ithnih): this verse shows Allah’s greatness, Majesty and Gloriousness where none can intercede with Him without His permission.
– He knows what is [presently] before them and what will be after them(Ya’lam ma bayn aydihim wa ma khalfahum): it shows that Allah’s knowledge encompasses everything.
– and they encompass not a thing of His knowledge except for what He wills (wa la yuhitun bi shay’in min ilmihi illa bima sha’): it means that none can know anything except for that which Allah the Almighty taught and revealed to him.
– His Kursi extends over the heavens and the earth (wa si’a kursiuhu as-samawt wa al-ard): it means that His dominance and throne encompasses everything.
– and their preservation tires Him not (wa la ya’uduhu hifzuhuma): it means that nothing in the heavens or earth or in between can over burden or bother Allah Who protects them all. Rather, it is so easy for Him since He is the Sustainer for all, the ever-Watchful, nothing in the world that exist escapes His knowledge, all things stand in humiliation and need before Him and He is Free of need, the Praiseworthy, He des what He wills and He is not questioned about what He does, but they will be questioned. He is the Omnipotent, The Suffienct, ever-Watchful, The Exalted, the Greatest and there is no god deserves worship except Him.
– And He is the Most High, the Most Great (wa howa al-‘Ali al-‘Azeem):Allah is High above everything He is the Greatest.
This is the first thing we can introduce to our readers who wants to know Allah. We do not need to bring you evidence on His existence, praise Him in poems or anything about Him since Allah Almighty and the Greatest introduced Himself in His noble verse.
This verse is named “the verse of the Throne “Ayat al-Kursi” is the greatest verse of the noble Qur’an. One should ponder it, listen to Allah talking about Himself and try to go deeper in knowing Him. knowing Allah.com