- Sincerity: We have to be sincere towards Allah (SWT). The icing on the cake is Qiyam ul Layl. It illuminates our hearts. For those who want to soften their hearts, then pray Qiyam Ul Layl. Only Allah can see you pray Qiyam ul Layl while everyone else is sleeping in the house.
“Actions are but by intentions and every man shall have only that which he intended.” (Bukhari)
You want to pray Qiyam ul Layl?
Then you have to be sincere to be able to wake up for Qiyam ul Layl. Show it to Allah, that you love Him, sincerity by your actions, words and deeds.
“Whosoever desires (by his deeds) the reward of the Hereafter, We give him increase in his reward, and whosoever desires the reward of this world (by his deeds), We give him thereof (what is decreed for him), and he has no portion in the Hereafter.” (42:20)
“The goodness of the deeds is related to the goodness of the hearts and goodness of the hearts is related to the goodness of the intention.”
Conceal acts such as good deeds like Qiyam Ul Layl.
- Virtues of Qiyam ul Layl
“The best prayer after the obligatory prayer is prayer at night.” (Sahih Muslim)
Narrated Abu Huraira:Allah’s Apostle said,“When it is the last third of the night, our Lord, the Blessed,the Superior, descends every night to the heaven of the world and says,’Is there anyone who invokes Me (demand anything from Me),that I may respond to his invocation;Is there anyone who asks Me for something that I may give (it to) him;Is there anyone who asks My forgiveness that I may forgive him?’ “ (Bukhari)
Abd-Allah ibn ‘Amr ibn al-‘Aas (may Allah be pleased with them both), in which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: Whoever recites ten aayaat (verses) in qiyaam(layl) will not be recorded as one of the forgetful. Whoever recites a hundred aayaat (verses) in qiyaam will be recorded as one of the devout, and whoever prays a thousand aayaat (verses) in qiyaam will be recorded as one of the muqantareen (those who pile up good deeds).” (Reported by Abu Dawood)
“There is nothing one enjoys more than Qiyam ul Layl” Pious Preceddesor
- Sleep on the right side
Abu Hurairah narrated : Let him lie down on the right side.
A special benefit may be derived from this. The heart is on the left side of the chest, and by sleeping on the right side, the heart remains on the top side. One will not have a deep sleep, but will sleep lightly. If one sleeps on the left side, the heart will be at the bottom, which will result in a deep slumber (not good if you want to wake up for fajr ontime)
- Perform Wudhu
“While going to bed perform wodhu as if you are going to pray” Abu Dawood. There is no Muslim who goes to sleep and remembers Allah in the state of purity.
- Sleeping Early
When you go to sleep, sleep with the intention of getting up for qiyam ul layl
- Reciting dua’as before sleeping
Avoiding eating and drinking too much before going to sleep: Stop eating atleast 2 hours before going to sleep. Drink water and milk.
- Recite Subhan Allah (33 times), Alhamdulillah (33 times) and Allahu Akbar (34 times)
- Recite Surah Ikhlas, Surah Al Falaq, Surah An Nas and Surah Al Kafiroon
- Recite Ayatul Kurs: I will teach you some words by which Allaah will benefit you.’ I said, ‘What are they?” He said, ‘When you lie down in your bed, recite Aayat al-Kursiy, “Allaah! Laa ilaaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists…” [al-Baraqah 2:255 – interpretation of the meaning] until the end of the aayah, then you will have a protector from Allaah and no shaytaan (devil) will come near you until morning comes.’ (Bukhari)
- It was narrated that Abu Umamah said: The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) said:“Whoever recites Ayat Al-Kursi immediately after each prescribed Prayer, there will be nothing standing between him and his entering Paradise except death.” (Reported by An-Nisai)
- Avoid Haram: If you cannot pray qiyam ul layl that means you are deprived and restricted and chained by your sins. The sinner does not deserve the honor of praying the Qiyam ul Layl
- Striving to wake up for Qiyyam: Make a team and appoint one person daily to call each other. In this way you will get up.
- One of the cure for relieving stress is Qiyam ul Layl. Wake up at night and cry to Allah and talk to Him. This will help you relieve stress.
- To cure anger, is Qiyam ul Layl
Build the Habit : You can Start with 2 rakahs just before Fajr till it becomes a habit and then move it to 4 rakats.Islambradford.com